Tab Clicking Options let's you select an action to perform with different clicking events on the tab bar or a tab in Firefox and in Mozilla Suite.
The events you can assign an action to are:
- Double clicking
- Clicking with middle mouse button
- Left clicking with control-key (or meta-key on Mac) pressed
- Left clicking with alt-key pressed
- Left clicking with shift-key pressed
And the actions which you can choose from are:
- Open a new tab
- Reload the tab
- Reload all tabs
- Close tab
- Close other tabs
- Close all tabs
- Duplicate Tab
- Duplicate Tab in New Window
- Undo Close Tab (only in Firefox 2.0 beta or with extensions)
- Bookmark Tab
- Bookmark All Tabs (not in Firefox 1.0)
- No Action
Middle Clicking to load URL
There is a special native firefox feature for middle clicking on a tab or the tab bar, which let's you load URL's you previously copied to the clipboard.
This feature can be toggled on or off with this extension [screenshot].
When you enable this feature you can no more select an action for middle clicking, because no other action can be performed then pasting and loading the URL
Compatibility with other extensions
Tab Clicking Options detects if Duplicate Tab is installed so it can set the ctrl-click event to selecting a tab [screenshot]. This way you can also set another event to select a tab if you prefer (more information about selecting tabs on the Duplicate Tab page).
Undo Close Tab
This extension can detect if Undo Close Tab is installed and automatically adds a choice, to allow you to reopen a tab with the clicking event you choose.[screenshot]
Click2Tab 0.8 and up
As with Undo Close Tab, Tab Clicking Options can also detect if Click2Tab is installed. If so it will add an option [screenshot] so you can assign a clicking event on the tab bar or a tab to reopen the last closed tab. (not with Click2Tab 0.7.x)
SessionSaver 0.2d1 nightly 26 and up
As with Undo Close Tab and Click2Tab, Tab Clicking Options can also detect if SessionSaver is installed. An option will be added if the SnapBack Tab feature is present, so an action can be assign to that function [screenshots].
Tab Clicking Options version 0.5 adds the ability to assign a clicking event to view a tab's content in Internet Explorer [screenshots], of course only when IE View is installed
Since Tab Clicking Options 0.3, you can choose to have a new tab added next to the current tab (or tab you clicked on), in stead of at the end of the tab bar. In order to use this function [screenshots] you must have tablib installed.
This extension will not work when Tabbrowser Extensions (TBE) is installed, and it does not have to work because with TBE you can already set at least some of the functions to clicking events on a tab or the tabbar [screenshot]
Tab Clicking Options 0.6.9 - (12 Jan 08)
- Added Galician (gl-ES) localization, thanks to mendinho.
- Added Catalan (ca-AD) localization, thanks to el_libre.
- Added Chinese (Simplified, zh-CN) localization, thanks to fishbone, blackdire and hermit.
- Added Chinese (Traditional, zh-TW) localization, thanks to winiah.
- Added Swedish (sv-SE) localization, thanks to AnthiStatic.
- Added Russian (ru-RU) localization, thanks to Infant.
- Added Ukrainian (uk-UA) localization, thanks to Infant and yaryi.
- Added support for SeaMonkey trunk builds.
- Removed 'do not select tab at reload' functionality, because of bugs.
- Added signed updates.
Tab Clicking Options 0.6.8 - (17 Sep 06)
- Added compatibility with NewTabURL.
- Fix issue with tab positioning in Seamonkey.
- Some code cleanup.
Tab Clicking Options 0.6.7.1 - (06 Sep 06)
- Fixed clicking on tab bar has no effect Bug 15091
Tab Clicking Options 0.6.7 - (04 Sep 06)
- updated compatibility with new tab browser implementation in Firefox 2.0 beta 2
Tab Clicking Options 0.6.6 - (11 Jul 06)
- Added support for Undo Close Tab in Firefox 2.0 beta
- Updated Slovak localization, thanks to SlovakSoft
Tab Clicking Options 0.6.5.1 - (31 May 06)
- Fix Duplicate Tab not working or working incorrectly
Tab Clicking Options 0.6.5 - (23 May 06)
- Updated German localization, thanks to ReinekeFux
- Added compatibility with upcoming releases of TabBrowser Preferences and Duplicate Tab
Tab Clicking Options 0.6.4 - (02 May 06)
- Added Brasilian localization, thanks to Rodrigo Bergmann Laurindo.
- Added Danish localization, thanks to AlleyKat.
Tab Clicking Options 0.6.3 - (23 Feb 06)
- Added Frysian localization, thanks to moZes.
- Updated Korean localization, thanks to Flactal.
- Fixed linux drop down menus. Bug 13155
- Fixed issue with updating to history index in cloned tab on some sites. Bug 11631
Tab Clicking Options 0.6.2 - (26 Jan 06)
- Fixed tab duplication on certain sites like amazon.com
- Added Slovak locale, thanks to SlovakSoft
- Updated French locale, thanks to Dagobert_78
Tab Clicking Options 0.6.1 - (20 Oct 05)
- Fixed compatibility with TabBrowser Preferences 1.3.0
Tab Clicking Options 0.6 - (09 Sep 05)
- Added Bookmark Tab and Bookmark All Tabs actions (Bookmark All Tabs only in Mozilla Suite/Firefox 1.5).
- Added Japanese locale, thanks to Victory.
- Added Spanish locale, thanks to Proyecto Nave.
- Added Korean locale, thanks to Flactal.
- Localized the description of the extension.
- Fixed compatibility with New Tab Homepage extension.
Tab Clicking Options 0.5.2 - (08 Jun 05)
- Updated IEView code to work with latest version of IE View.
- Added Czech locale, thanks to Petr Jirsa.
- Added several trunk specific stuff, including chrome.manifest file.
- Updated code to use tab moving code in trunk for tab positioning: tablib is not needed anymore to position duplicate and new tabs (only for Firefox trunk builds after 20050607).
Tab Clicking Options 0.5.1 - (28 Feb 05)
- Improved Snapback Tab to follow FX and Focus preferences from SessionSaver. Bug #9304
- Fixed Restore Defaults in options dialog. Bug #9336
- Fixed updating of options when selecting menu items with the keyboard in the options dialog Bug #9131
- Improved tab duplication with frames
- Updated French locale
- Some other minor fixes
Tab Clicking Options 0.5 - (03 Feb 05)
- Added option to SnapBack Tab (reopen closed tab) when SessionSaver 0.2d1 nightly 26 is installed.
- Added option to view tab in Internet Explorer when IE View is installed.
- Fixed placement of unfocused tab duplication when option is selected to place the new tab next to the original
- Added option to focus an unfocused tab when it is clicked to reload
Tab Clicking Options 0.4.3 - (24 Jan 05)
- Fix for recognition of a tab when other extensions extend the xul of a tab.
- Added German locale, thanks to ReinekeFux.
Tab Clicking Options 0.4.2 - (19 Jan 05)
- Fix for command-line handling changes in recent nightlies.
Tab Clicking Options 0.4.1 - (06 Jan 05)
- Updates to French, Italian and Dutch locales.
Tab Clicking Options 0.4 - (03 Jan 05)
- Added option to reopen last closed tab when Click2Tab 0.8.x is installed.
- Added French locale, thanks to Erwan.
- Added Italian locale, thanks to eXtenZilla.it Team.
- Added Dutch locale
- Changed compatibility for Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2 and higher.
Tab Clicking Options 0.3.1 - (07 Dec 04)
- Fixed problem with TabBrowser Preferences 1.0.
- Added Polish locale, thanks to Przemysław Kulczycki.
Tab Clicking Options 0.3 - (20 Nov 04)
- Fixed all known problems with TabBrowser Preferences 1.0.
- Added Compatibility with tablib, so a new tab can be added next to current tab if tablib is installed.
- Added Compatibility with Seamonkey / Mozilla Suite (tested on 1.7.3 and a 1.8.a5 nightly).
- Major code cleanup.
Tab Clicking Options 0.2.1 - (02 Nov 04)
- Fixed bug with clicking on tab close button.
- Fixed locale chrome registration.
Tab Clicking Options 0.2 - (28 Oct 04)
- Added function to close all tabs.
- Added compatibility with firefox 1.0.
- Added compatibility with Mac (meta key supported).
- Added compatibility with TabX extension.
- Added menu separators in options dialog.
- The URL bar is now selected after creating a new tab.
Tab Clicking Options 0.1.1 - (20 Sep 04)
- Fixed compatibility with Tab Browser Preferences 0.6.11 and 0.6.12.
- Fixed double clicking for Firefox 0.9 - 0.9.3.
Tab Clicking Options 0.1 - (17 Sep 04)
differences with Tab Double Click:
- Actions can be assigned to clicking on both a tab and the tab bar
- Added ctrl-clicking, middle-clicking, alt-clicking and shift-clicking events were an action can be assigned to.
- Added the following extra choices for actions:
# Reload all tabs
# Close other tabs
- Changed order of choices in menu items
- Split up 'Duplicate tab' and 'Duplicate tab to new window' choices
- Added preference for "middlemouse.contentLoadURL"
- Added compatibility with Duplicate Tab 0.3, so event can be chosen for selecting tabs
- Added compatibility with Undo Close Tab, so tab can be reopened by clicking on a tab / tab bar
- Added compatibility with Firefox 0.10+.
- Changed homepage to http://twanno.mozdev.org/
Tab Double Click 0.1 - (29 Jul 04)
differences with Close Tab On Double Click:
- Added the following choices for actions to perform on double clicking a tab:
# Reload the tab
# Close the tab
# Open a new tab
# Duplicate the tab (to either a new tab or a new window)
# No action
- Dropped compatibility with Firefox 0.8
Close Tab On Double Click 0.2.1 - (26 Jun 04)
- Compatibility with Fx 0.8 - 0.10
Close Tab On Double Click 0.2 - (17 Jun 04)
- Updated maxVersion to 0.9.1+
- Added comments to the code
Close Tab On Double Click 0.1 - (10 Jun 04)